THE full list of nominations for Brecon and Radnorshire’s annual sports awards have been announced.
The Brecknock and Radnor Sports Partnership Annual Sports Awards, recognising individual and team achievements during 2016, will take place at Brecon’s Theatr Brycheiniog on Friday, March 3.
More than 35 sporting individuals and clubs have been shortlisted for the awards, which recognise and celebrate sporting success at all levels.
The annual sports awards are organised by the volunteer run Brecknock and Radnor Sports Partnership and Powys County Council’s sports development team.
The Brecknock and Radnor Sports Partnership shortlisting committee have selected three contenders for each of the 12 main categories available.
Councillor Graham Brown, Powys council’s cabinet member for sports development, said: "These awards are a celebration of local sporting achievement and an opportunity to recognise the invaluable contribution of local volunteers and coaches.
"I would like to congratulate all those who have been shortlisted and wish them all good luck when the awards night takes place."
The contenders for this year’s awards are:
Senior Sports Personality of the Year
• Phil Jones (Judo)
• Mike Pfeiffer (Athletics)
• Jess Sims (Bowls)
Senior Disabled Sports Personality
• Morgan Jones (Athletics)
• Lloyd Crawley (Badminton)
• Shain Lewis (Tennis)
Young Sportsperson 14-18 years
• Beth Wood (Hockey)
• George Thomas (Athletics)
• Callun James (Rugby)
Young Disabled Sportsperson
• Mollie Hopkins (Swimming)
• Ethan Orton, Ysgol Penmaes (Badminton)
• Morgan Butterfield, Crickhowell High School (Boccia)
Junior Sportsperson Under 14
• Rheanna Morgan Rogers (MotoX)
• Aelwen Davies (Cycling)
• Cian Evans (Cycling)
Senior Sports Team
• Brecon Athletic Club Masters Team
• Weale Brothers
• Llandrindod Ladies Over 55’s rink team.
Junior Sports Team
• Llanbedr School Cricket Team
• Crickhowell High School U18 Rugby Team
• Brecon High School Girls Year 8 Badminton Team.
Club of the Year
• Builth Wells Golf Club
• Llandrindod Just Move Club
• Brecon Cricket Club
Young Sports Leader
• Abbie Townsend, Ysgol Penmaes
• Katie Christopher, Llandrindod Wells High School
• Ieuan Phillips, Gwernyfed High School.
Coach of the Year
• Tim Trumper, Special Olympics
• Jane Price, Disability Sports Coach
• Matthew Stevens, Crickhowell FC
Sports Volunteer of the Year
• Liz Davies, Gwernyfed Hockey Club
• Wyn Williams, Irfon Judo Club
• Maggie Walby – Llandrindod Just Move
Contribution to PE and School Sport
• Simon Edwards (Builth Wells Golf Club)
• Lynne Webber (Christ College)
• Sharon Marshall (Cradoc Primary School, Brecon Swimming Club)
Awards for Outstanding Service to Sport will also be presented on the night as well as Outstanding Achievement and Contribution Awards.