£4k grant to be used for climate projects
The Environment Working Group of Llangattock Community Council has recently been awarded a “Together for Our Planet” grant from the National Lottery.
The group has received £3,900 to spend on a variety of projects to raise awareness of climate issues.
Plans so far include:
- Bilingual additions to their existing website to create a new “Green Llangattock” section, highlighting existing local initiatives and promoting sustainable lifestyles and emissions reduction.
- Training for one councillor to become a designated safeguarding person.
- To set up a resilience register for the Community in preparation for adverse weather events and other emergencies.
- Raise awareness of global climate change issues through films and presentations locally.
- Trialling a repair workshop alongside other workshops and promoting sustainability and repair.
If you have skills at repairing and would like to help your community to become more sustainable, or if you are registered as a portable appliance tester (PAT) the community council would love to hear from you.
Also, if you have any great ideas for workshops or films, or would like to get involved with the working group, please get in touch with Kate Inglis on: [email protected]
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |