Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team experienced a busy weekend, attending multiple callouts to cases of missing people.

On Friday, January 26 at 3am the team's Incident Controllers received a request from Gwent Police to help search for a vulnerable person reported missing at Blackwood.

A spokesperson for the team said: "Once the search strategy was developed, team members were woken and alerted. As we were arriving at the rendezvous point, local police units located the person who was sadly deceased and we assisted with the extrication to roadside.

"We send our sincere condolences to family and friends."

The following day (Saturday, January 27) the team were called out to Pontllanfraith to help search for a missing vulnerable male.

The water teams were deployed into the Sirhowy River, whilst Search and Rescue Dog Association South Wales dog handlers and land teams searched land areas.

The team also got to trial their developing drone unit who worked in tandem with the Gwent Police drone team.

A spokesperson for the rescue team spoke on the situation, they said: "As daylight faded we suspended search activity for the day and returned to base, soon after which we heard the great news that police had located Ashley safe and well in Newport following sightings and reports by members of the public."

Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team were called out to another missing person on Sunday after a walker had become detached from their walking group in the Pen Y Fan and Neuadd area of The Brecon Beacons.

As the team were on their way to the Neuadd area, they were alerted by Dyfed-Powys Police that the walking group had located the missing person, and they were safe and well.

The team experienced a second callout on the Sunday at 8pm to help Welsh Ambulance Services NHS with an injured teenager who had slipped whilst out on a walk with his family.

The slip had caused a significant injury to his knee and he was unable to walk.

WAST Paramedics provided the necessary medical care before a stretcher carried him off the hill to the ambulance in the car park.

A spokesperson for Central Beacons Mountain Rescue Team said: "We send our very best wishes for his speedy recovery.

"Our busy weekend concluded at 10pm when vehicles were back at base and kit sorted before our journeys home."

The rescue team were in action for a total of 15 hours this weekend with 38 team members involved.