Polling stations closed due to uncontested elections
According to Powys County Council, 15 polling stations will not open.
Fifteen polling stations across Powys will not be open today because of uncontested elections, Powys County Council has announced.
Although the council is encouraging electors to head to the polls today to use their right to vote, 15 polling stations in the county will not open because of uncontested elections.
If your polling station is one of the following, then your County and Community Councillors have been elected unopposed and you will not be voting today - Thursday May, .
Of the 15 closed polling station, only one is in Brecknockshire meanwhile the other 14 closed polling stations all reside in Montomgeryshire.
The closed stations include:
- Hay-On-Wye Bowling Club
- Cemaes Church Room
- Dolfor Community Hall
- Glantwymyn Community Centre
- Llandinam Village Hall
- Llanfechain Memorial Hall
- Llangedwyn Memorial Hall
- Llanrhaeadr-Ym-Mochnant Public Hall
- Llansantffraid Community Hall
- Llansilin Memorial Hall
- Llidiartywaen Community Centre
- Machynlleth The Plas - Station No 2
- Mochdre Old C In W School
- Newtown Methodist Church, Back Lane
- Welshpool Town Hall
CommentsTo leave a comment you need to create an account. |