Brecon Corries showed their resilience in fighting back to salvage an Ardal League South East point in a 10-goal thriller to see the year out.



Four times during the afternoon, The Chisels, without experienced campaigners, Dale Evans and Paul Keddle, found themselves two goals behind but hit back with an 86th minute penalty from Corey Evans finally levelling matters.  

Player-manager, Damien Daniels felt it was a fantastic performance from Corries who he praised for their energy levels and never say die attitude.

Undy were two goals to the good inside 20 minutes with a brace from Gareth Cullimore but the returning Joe Cooper rifled one home to reduce the deficit.

Sam Broadribb netted a third for Undy but Joel Evans pulled one back on 45 minutes after latching on to a through ball and holding off a challenge.  

Undy then scored what looked like it could be a crucial fourth in first half stoppage time but Corries made a bright start to the second half with Nyle Slade curling in their third three minutes after the restart.

Again Undy regained their two-goal advantage when Cullimore completed his hat-trick.

Back came Corries and topscorer, Joel Evans headed his second from a Craig Evans corner midway through the half before they finally and deservedly got back on level terms with Corey Evans hitting his penalty into the top corner when Craig Evans was brought down.    

Elsewhere, there were just a handful of games in Mid Wales on Saturday as the weather was the real winner.  Just one survived in the Ardal League North East and Penycae stretched their recent unbeaten run to five with a 3-1 win against Rhos Aelwyd. Austin Owen scored twice and Callum Smith was also on target with Ian Hughes gaining a consolation for Alelwyd. 

In the MMP Central Wales League (North), Berriew extended their unbeaten run to nine with a 3-1 victory at second placed Forden United. In a match played at Newtown’s Latham Park, Tomas Jones gave The Rhiwsiders the lead. Steve Roberts levelled but Sion Wilde had Berriew back in front by half-time. Joe Evans increased the lead in the second half before Forden’s hopes faded with Roberts sent off.

Presteigne St Andrews Reserves slipped to a third league defeat in a row, beaten 4-1 at Abermule Reserves in the JT Hughes Montgomery Amateur League. In another game played at Latham Park, two goals from James Stovell put the hosts in a good position. Niall Rhodes reduced the deficit but Tom Roberts regained Abermule’s two goal lead by half-time and Oscar Glynn ensured the spoils after the break. 

In the other game in the Amateur League, Llangedwyn moved three points clear at the top with a 3-2 verdict at Trefonen. Early goals from Liam  Davies and James Owen made it a good start for Trefonen but Llangedwyn stormed back in the second half through Andrew Evans (2) and Richard Evans.