Brecon Corries moved into the top six in the Ardal League South East as two late goals from Joel Evans gave them a hard earned three points against visiting Treharris.



Corries were forced into an early change with Austin Mellor replaced by Jordan Cooper following injury. But they were dominant in the first half when Treharris goalkeeper, Elisangelo Queni kept his side in the game with a string of fine saves.

The second half was a scrappy affair and it was the visitors, one from bottom in the league table, who broke the deadlock with Ibraim Sani netting on 73 minutes, Corries however showed their character with topscorer Evans scoring from crosses on 80 and 84 minutes to make it back-to-back wins.

Corries have no fixture this coming weekend - Damien Daniels’ side are next in action a week on Friday when they travel to Goytre.



Builth Wells saw their run in the Dragon Signs FAW Amateur trophy come to an end as they suffered defeat in Neath.

Manager, Jason Samuel said: “On another day we might have won, but it was not to be”.

With home advantage Seven Sisters, from the Ardal League South West, possibly started slight favourites but Builth began the tie well. They took the lead in the first five minutes with Tommy Rowlands rounding the keeper after latching on to a Danny Ives through ball. It was all Builth in the early stages and Aeron Powell missed from a one-on-one situation, Rowlands saw an effort cleared off the line and Jamie Evans had a couple of decent opportunities albeit from tight angles and had one of those gone in it could well have been a different outcome. Lewis Taylor equalised for the hosts against the run of play on 35 minutes and Seven Sisters went in front on the stroke of half-time after breaking quickly following a Builth corner for Nathan Jones to finish well.

Despite seeing Danny Ives sent off for picking up his second yellow card, Builth pushed after the break but Jones added his second with a header from a free-kick on 80 minutes.

Brad Jones virtually sealed it for Seven Sisters with three minutes remaining although Jamie Evans grabbed a consolation from a Rowlands assist for The Bulls, who also saw Lee James hit the post.

In Saturday’s other tie, Llanuwchllyn beat Bow Street on penalties after the sides were 1-1 after 90 minutes.

The Dragon Signs FAW Amateur Trophy quarter-final draw is: Llanuwchllyn v Cefn Cribbwr, Newport City v Llanefydd, Seven Sisters Onllwyn v Penrhyncoch, Trethomas Bluebirds v Holyhead Hotspur



Llandrindod Wells extended their recent unbeaten run to nine in the Ardal League North East with another excellent win on the road.

The Spa Men, who are now just a point behind second placed Radnor Valley, were again without captain, Shaun Nicholls who is suspended, as well as a lengthy injury list which has been the story of their season. But they have made no excuses and just got on with the job in hand as they did again on Saturday when first half goals from Tom Durant and Kieran McCarley gave them the spoils in North Wales.

Llandrindod had Jack Evans making his first start since August and he assisted in the opener for Durant who supplied a neat finish. McCarley was then quickest to react heading in after Richie Powell had hit the bar. Llandrindod, forced to travel with just one substitute, tired as the second half progressed but defended well with their man-of-the-match, Ashley Jones and Cori Davies outstanding in the middle of the back four.

Sam Baldam did pull a goal back for Rhos in stoppage time but it was too little too late as Llandrindod’s unbeaten run continued.



Radnor Valley’s slump in the Ardal League North East continued as they suffered their first home defeat of the season.

And The Goats, who have now lost three in a row, could have no complaints with their misery compounded with a third red card in as many games – Tim Office sent off just before the hour mark for an alleged push on the match referee who was certainly not the most popular person at The Bypass.

There was not much between the teams in the first half with 16-year-old, William Cooke scoring twice for Llangollen with their only two efforts on goal with Radnor’s defence twice found wanting. Cooke opened the scoring from a through ball and lobbed a second over keeper, Otto Jones.

A below par Radnor, who are just not clicking at the moment according to manager, Adam Jones, were still very much in the game going into the second half but struggled to create anything worthwhile.

And Llangollen clinched the points with a third from Jack Maybury on 72 minutes by which time Radnor were down to 10 following Office’s dismissal.



Talgarth Town returned to action after a six-week break and will be disappointed at only managing a 1-1 draw at home against Panteg Reserves in a Gwent Benevolent Cup group match.

Prior to kick-off both teams observed a minute of silence and a clutch of balloons was released to mark the sad passing of little Ella Wilkins.

It was good to have football back at King George V Playing Fields following an extended mid season break.

However, as anticipated, Panteg proved to be worthy opponents with a well marshalled back line and midfield and a desire to take something from the game.

This coupled with an below par performance from Talgarth resulted in dropped points which leaves them with a mountain to climb if they are to qualify for the final.

Talgarth had missed a number of chances before Brian Keddle-Jones gave them the lead from the penalty spot when Ben Sharman was bundled over.

Panteg levelled a minute into the second half with Gethin Harris netting following a free-kick after which there was little to choose between the teams.

Next Saturday Talgarth have another home fixture when they host Blaenavon Blues 3rds. Currently they share second position in the league table so if they are to maintain their challenge for promotion this is a must-win game.


Penrhyncoch look to be the team to beat in the Ardal League North East after extending their lead at the top to eight points with an important 2-1 win at title rivals, Cefn Albion. Josh Astley put Cefn ahead but Isaac Pridmore, who is on loan from Aberystwyth Town, levelled before half-time and Geoff Kellaway bagged a 77th-minute winner for The Roosters.

In-form Dolgellau have lost just one of their last 11 in the league and beat Llansantffraid Village 3-0. Gerwyn Williams, the division’s top goalscorer, added a couple more to his tally with Will Grufydd also on target to sink one-time leaders, Llansantffraid who were again out of sorts.

Player-manager, Karl Seliaerts scored the only goal from the penalty spot as Llanfair United moved out of the bottom two with a 1-0 verdict over Welshpool Town. Welshpool are looking almost certain to be relegated and Llanrhaeadr now occupy the other relegation spot despite a 1-1 draw with Penycae. Garmon Evans gave Llanrhaeadr the lead with a penalty early in the second half but they then saw David France sent off and substitute, Tomas Davies equalised for Penycae seven minutes from time.


Presteigne St Andrews ended a run of seven without a win to run out 3-0 victors at Penybont United in the MMP Central Wales League (South). Manager, Mark Weiland knew his side needed a win and his players came up with the goods to leave Penybont rooted to the foot of the table. Andrew White put Presteigne ahead and Jude Horton increased the lead right on the half-time whistle. The next score was always going to be crucial and it went to Presteigne with Niall Rhodes sealing the win with just over an hour played.

Rhayader Town are second in the table but have played more games than their rivals and The Red Kites suffered a disappointing 4-2 defeat at Aberystwyth University. The students, playing for the first time since their Christmas break, led 2-0 at half-time thanks to brace from Adam Carey. Bradley Goodwin reduced the deficit early in the second half but two goals in five minutes from Will Ludlow all but put the game to bed meaning Keegan Bradley’s 77th-minute penalty was no more than a consolation for Rhayader.

Elsewhere Tregaron ran out 2-0 winners at Llanilar with first half goals from Ryan Davies and Paul James.

Harvey Gill grabbed a last-minute winner as Forden United beat Four Crosses 3-2 to close the gap on leaders, Kerry in the MMP Central Wales League (North). Jack Pryce and Jake O’Donnell had seen Forden two up at the break but topscorer, Will Howard netted twice to pull Crosses level.

Berriew came from behind with goals from Iwan Walsh, Tomas Jones, Spencer Roberts (pen) and Dylan Tilsley securing a 4-1 win at Barmouth who had led through Kyle Jones.

Montgomery Town maintained their challenge with Jack Williams firing a hat-trick in a 6-2 victory at Meifod. Tom Evans, Robbie Hartshorn and Lee Jones shared Monty’s other goals with Zakh Ward and Alun Hughes scoring for the hosts.

Bishops Castle beat Dyffryn Banw 4-2 to make it five wins in a row thanks to Toby Mills, Kieran Mulloch, Martyn Ziemann and George Mellor while Zac Warren and Adam Putson gave Abermule a 2-0 win over Trewern United. Carno triumphed 3-0 at bottom of the table Llanfyllin Town with goals from Lewelyn Jerman, Huw Evans and Tom Leah.


Builth Wells saw their hunt for a first win in the FAW National Reserve League Central continue as Penrhyncoch left The Lant Field with a 3-2 verdict. There was a flurry of goals in a 10-minute spell in the first half with Clive Morgan putting Penrhyn ahead. Christian Jones and Blake Evans hit back for The Bulls but Fred Denning levelled and Eddie Rhodes then grabbed a winner for the visitors after the break.

Builth had begun their defence of the League Cup with a 2-2 draw at local rivals, Llandrindod Wells in the first of their group matches in midweek. Danny Hall and Blake Evans gave The Bulls a two-goal lead but Ryan Sims hit back either side of half-time for Llandrindod who had Kieran McCarley sent off after picking up a second yellow card late on.

Llandrindod picked up another point on Saturday in a 2-2 draw at Hay St Marys who scored twice in the last 10 minutes. Reuben Edwards had given Llandrindod an interval lead and Ryan Sims added a second before Rob Sneddon and Darren Horrigan replied for The Saints.

And it was all square in the other group match with Caersws and Llanidloes Town playing out a goalless draw.


St Harmon won for the first time since the opening weekend of the season with a thrilling 5-3 victory over local rivals, Rhayader Town Reserves. Dan Powell’s opener for The Swifts was cancelled out by Dave Sivell but Ollie Leadbetter regained St Harmon’s lead. Rhayader’s Martin Jones was then credited with an own goal but atoned by netting at the right end in first half stoppage time.

Ryan Owen levelled the scores on the hour but St Harmon wanted it more and Leadbetter edged them ahead again against his former side before James Powell clinched the win with Rhayader ending with 10 after Theo Earp was sent off.

In the other local derby last weekend, Felindre and Newcastle could not be separated as they played out a 1-1 draw. In a game of plenty of endeavour but few chances, Tom Price fired Newcastle ahead with a cracking free-kick on the hour. Good work from Ryan Abel set Jake Meredith up for an equaliser for Felindre but Newcastle could have won it right at the death. Craig Morris hit the post while Felindre keeper, George Morgan produced a fine save to deny Matthew Jones from the rebound.

Presteigne St Andrews Reserves were beaten 3-0 at home by Llanfair United Reserves whose Matt Stephens broke the deadlock. Former Builth Wells man, Ewan Jones increased the lead on the stroke of half-time and Daniel Morgan sealed the points 10 minutes from time.

Llanfechain saw their title challenge stutter as they went down 4-2 at home against Trefonen. Matthew Jones (2), Andy Garmston and Richard Morris saw the Oswestry side forge a four-goal lead with replies from John Jones and Kai Smart proving too little too late.

And that result allowed Llangedwyn to move five points clear at the top as they beat Kerry Reserves 4-0 thanks to Daniel Hine (2), Andrew Evans and Barry Morris.

Four Crosses Reserves and Abermule Reserves drew 1-1 while Waterloo Reserves won 3-0 at Berriew Reserves on Friday night.


Frazer McAnally snatched a late equalier as Brecon FC drew 2-2 at home with RTM Brickwork Merthyr League leaders, Heolgerrig. Jamie Williams put Brecon ahead in the first half but Jonathan Foster and Riley Crump scored for Heolgerrig before McAnally netted his leveller two minutes from time.