Take a look at all the latest results across Mid Wales league and cup competitions.



Builth Wells are through to the 5th Round of The Dragon Signs FAW Amateur Trophy after another successful away day.

First half goals from Jamie Evans and Adam Farmer put The Bulls in a good position but a Ryan Powell own goal two minutes into the second half raised the hopes of Caerleon, who have lost just once in the Gwent Premier League this season.

Evans, who had a good game, opened the scoring midway through the first half with a header from Tommy Rowlands’ cross. And Builth doubled their lead five minutes later with Farmer netting direct from a free-kick. It might have been three just before half-time but Danny Hall had an effort controversially ruled out for offside.

Builth were worth that two-goal lead in terrible conditions but it was a different story in the second half after the unfortunate Powell was credited with the own goal. Builth found themselves under a lot of pressure but Evans and Rowlands did have chances to regain their two-goal advantage.

But overall the second half belonged to Caerleon with Builth having to defend well with Lee James outstanding in their back four as they saw the tie out.

Builth’s run in both The FAW Trophy and Ardal Northern League Cup has seen them fall behind with league games. But they return to action in the Ardal League North East on Saturday with a trip to Penycae where they will be looking to pick up their first away win of the term in the league.

Midfielder Aeron Powell will return for The Bulls but Sean Powell (ankle) remains an injury worry.



Radnor Valley were pinching themselves on Saturday night as they went top of the Ardal League North East after extending their unbeaten league run to nine.

But The Goats left it late, needing a 93rd-minute penalty from Joey Price to end the stubborn challenge of nine-man Llanfair.

Price had clipped the bar with an early free-kick in what was a scrappy first period and although Radnor appeared to be getting on top as the half progressed, there were no clear cut chances.

Thomas Edwards had an opportunity after the break when he latched on to a Lewis Morris through ball but Llanfair keeper, Toby Roberts turned his effort past the post.

At the other end, Will Fowden tipped a fierce strike from the lively Will Davies, a recent signing from Llanfyllin Town, on to the bar.

Llanfair had Rob Andrew sent off for picking up a second yellow card on 70 minutes and the visitors were down to nine men 12 minutes later when Rhys Stephens also collected a second yellow for blatantly taking out Joey Price.

But despite their two-man advantage, Radnor were unable to create any worthwhile chances as they gave the ball away far too easily.

Hard-working Llanfair must have thought they had done enough to earn a point their efforts deserved until in stoppage time, Edwards was brought down and Price made no mistake from the penalty spot.

Radnor will look to stay top of the table on Saturday but face a huge test away at the dangerous Cefn Albion.

Radnor, who should be at full strength for the trip, have announced that former Presteigne St Andrews coach, Trevor Gummer has joined the club as assistant manager.



Talgarth Town are up to fourth spot in the Gwent Central League second divison after a 6-0 home win against lowly Fairfield United Development.

The Royals were on the front foot throughout and never looked back after Harry Sharman was pushed and scored the resulting penalty.

Further goals from Grzes Chodnicki and Matty Lloyd saw them 3-0 ahead by half-time.

The expected second half goal rush never arrived with Talgarth completing their win with a late flurry of goals from Steven Potter (2) and former Brecon Corries man, Brian Keddle-Jones.

It was a convincing scoreline but there is no doubting sterner challenges lie ahead, starting next week with the visit of Blaenavon Blues FC.

Blaenavon currently occupy second spot in the league table looking to bounce back after a rare reverse to league leaders Cwmffrwdoer this afternoon.



Shaun Nicholls led from the front with the only goal as Llandrindod Wells completed an Ardal League North East double over Llangollen to move into the top six in the table.

The Llandrindod captain headed home a Kieran McCarley free-kick after 76 minutes and it was worth all three points as the Spa men extended their unbeaten league run to five.

Having not played the previous week, Llandrindod were slow starters in a first half which saw little goalmouth action. They upped the tempo after the break, creating more and remaining patient until the vital breakthrough. Llangollen never really had a chance all afternoon but might have snatched an equaliser right at the end when they had a goal ruled out for offside following a free-kick.

Llandrindod head to Kerry in the Central Wales Cup on Saturday with a semi-final place at stake. Although Kerry play in the Tier Three MMP Central Wales League (North), they are the defending league champions and on course for another title and are well capable of performing at Ardal League level.

Kerry have reeled off 15 consecutive wins and it will be a testing challenge for Llandrindod but The Spa men are in a decent run of form themselves, with just one defeat in their last seven in all competitions.

Will Cleaton and Richie Powell should return but Daryl Nicholls joins Jack Evans and Bob Kear on the injury list.


While there were wins for Llandrindod Wells and Radnor Valley on Saturday (see reports above) there was an upset in the Ardal League North East at Penycae where the home side pulled off a 4-2 win against Llansantffraid Village. Zac Davies scored twice and Hari Gould and a Khyam Wyton own goal made up the Penycae tally with Adam Biggs and player-manager, Marc Griffiths replying. It was a disappointing afternoon for Llansantffraid captain, Wyton who was sent off in stoppage time while six of his teammates picked up yellow cards.

Penycae’s win means Welshpool Town are now well adrift at the bottom after going down 4-1 at Dolgellau. Gerwyn Williams and Paul Lewis each netted twice for the hosts with Ricky Litchfield gaining Welshpool’s consolation.

A number of teams from the Ardal League North East are through to the 5th Round of the FAW Amateur Trophy. Bow Street and Penrhyncoch are in the hat for the draw with Bow Street beating visiting Llangefni Town on penalties after their tie ended goalless. Penrhyn found themselves trailing at half-time at home against Connahs Quay Town but Niall Coleridge (pen), Courtney Perkins and Eilian Evans netted in the second half to give The Roosters a 3-1 victory.

In-form Llanrhaeadr pulled off a surprisingly easy 6-1 win over Rhos Aelwyd with Billy Clarke, one of the signings of the season, helping himself to a second hat-trick in as many weeks. Garmon Evans, Gruff Evans and Will Roberts-Morris completed the scoring with Tom Smith scoring for Rhos.

Cefn Albion bowed out 3-0 at Holyhead Hotspur but Llanuwchllyn are through with topscorer, Meilir Williams grabbing a hat-trick in a 6-0 win at Llanwrst.

Tywyn Bryncrug were the last remaining team from the MMP Central Wales League but their Cup adventure is over following a 5-1 defeat at CPD Llannefydd with player-manager, Nick Williams gaining their consolation from the penalty spot.


Penybont United were celebrating on Saturday night after making it back-to-back league wins in the MMP Central Wales League (South). The Polecats triumphed 2-0 at Aberystwyth University to move out of the bottom two.

Penybont had lost 9-0 at home against the students only last month but a recent victory over Aberaeron has raised confidence and first half goals from Oliver Belfield and Alfie Stonefield paved the way on Saturday.

Logan Evans set Belfield up for the first and Stonefield headed the second from a superb Jack Duggan free-kick. Kieran Booker reduced the deficit on the hour but Penybont held firm for a massive three points.

Knighton Town recorded one of the best results of the weekend as they defeated Llanilar 2-1 at Bryn-y-Castell. The Ceredigion side arrived in Radnorshire with just one league defeat to their name but were sent packing as The Radnor Robins made it three league wins in a row. But Knighton had to come from behind after Harvey Matthews gave Llanilar an interval lead. Two goals in a five-minute spell just after the hour mark won it for Knighton with Sam Hoyle and Jack Bright both netting their first goals of the season.

There was no joy however for Presteigne St Andrews who were beaten 3-1 at home by Machynlleth whose player-manager, Callum Page scored twice in the second half. With chairman, Mark Weiland in charge of team affairs, Niall Rhodes gave Presteigne the lead. Machynlleth grabbed a crucial equaliser three minutes before half-time through Johan Auf Den Kamp and that gave them a huge boost for the second half when topscorer, Page netted his brace.

Rhayader Town are out of the MMP Central Wales League Cup following a 2-0 defeat at Abermule. Rhayader were always in the tie until Michael Humphreys netted Abermule’s second in stoppage time at the end of the game. Charlie Humphreys had given the home side the lead with a penalty 10 minutes before half-time.

MMP Central Wales League (North) leaders, Kerry are through to the 4th Round of the Emrys Morgan Cup after a 9-1 romp against Borth United.

The in-form Richards Davies scored four and also missed a penalty, Luke Mumford claimed a hat-trick and Barry Bellis and Mark Hughes completed the tally for Kerry, who will now host Hay St Marys Reserves in Round Four.

Montgomery Town closed the gap on Kerry in the league with a comfortable 6-0 victory over Trewern United. Tom Evans scored four times with Tom Halliday and Lee Jones completing the six hit.

Forden United however dropped further points after being held to a 3-3 draw at in-form Berriew where James Langford has certainly turned things around. Alistair Williams and Ross Harris scored early for Forden but George Davies pulled one back. Dylan Tilsey and Dewi Hughes edged Berriew ahead in the second half but topscorer, Jake O’Donnell ensured it finished level.

Four Crosses were the weekend’s biggest scorers in the division with Will Howard bagging a hat-trick in an 8-1 win over Dyffryn Banw. Ben Simms netted twice and Tom Evans, Archie Burton and Jordan Dean were also on target.

Carno were also among the goals with Tyler McCarthy another hat-trick man as they beat Llanfyllin Town 6-0 with Geraint Jones (2) and Joe Morris the other marksmen.

Bishops Castle were celebrating their first league success of the term with two goals from Toby Mills securing a 2-0 home verdict over Barmouth.


Hay St Marys moved off the foot of the FAW National Reserves League Central with a fine 3-0 home success over Caersws. The experienced Rob Sneddon led The Saints to their league first win of the season with two goals and Darren Horrigan scored the other one.

Elswhere leaders, Bow Street slipped to a shock 2-1 defeat at Llanuwchllyn where Ifan Jones grabbed a second half winner. Iolo Jones had put Llanuwchllyn ahead but Lee Crumpler had Bow Street level at half-time.

Llanidloes are now top of the table following their 6-0 home victory over Penrhycoch in midweek. The Daffs’ only league defeat this time came at Penrhyn but they avenged that with three goals in each half. Gregg Brown (2) and Josh Jones netted in the first half and Rhys Evans, Morgan Hughes and Mason Jones in the second when the visitors had Chris Wilkins sent off.

Builth Wells were yet again frustrated when their home game against Penrhyncoch was postponed with Penrhyn claiming they did not have enough cars available to make the journey. It means The Bulls have now not played a league game for eight weeks.


Newcastle showed what they are capable of with a fantastic 3-1 win at leaders, Llangedwyn in the JT Hughes Montgomery Amateur League. Ed Marston gave the Shropshire men the lead from the penalty spot after being brought down and Carl Price added a second before half-time following a corner.

Daniel Hine reduced the arrears early in the second half but Price sealed Newcastle’s win with his second two minutes from time from a Nick Bowen free-kick.

Felindre had to settle for a point in a 2-2 draw at Waterloo Rovers Reserves but The Millers will be disappointed having led 2-0 at half-time. Jake Meredith and James Reynolds had seemingly put Felindre on course for victory but Rovers hit back through Babicas Viktor and Rhys Spears.

Llangedwyn’s defeat meant Llanfechain moved level on points with the leaders after two goals from topscorer, Abba Salihi earned them a 2-0 home win over Berriew Reserves.

Reuben Coslett-Hughes made it back-to-back hat-tricks for Four Crosses Reserves who played out a 4-4 thriller at Llanfair United Reserves while Kerry Reserves won 9-1 at Churchstoke with Ben Hendleman another hat-trick man.

Presteigne St Andrews Reserves again found themselves without a game and it has been a frustrating time for Roy Simcock’s side who have played just two league games since August. Both Rhayader Town Reserves and St Harmon saw their fixtures postponed last weekend.


With Talgareth Town netting six (see report above) Brecon FC made it back-to-back wins in the RTM Brickwork Merthyr League with a 4-3 home victory against Gurnos FC Seniors.

Jamie Williams gave The Stags a first minute lead which was soon cancelled out by Jack Davies. Kyle O’Shea and an own goal saw Brecon regain the ascendancy and O’Shea grabbed his second 10 minutes after half-time.

A Liam Jones own goal cut the deficit and Brecon might have had a few anxious late moments after Davies netted his second for Gurnos with 10 minutes remaining.


Caersws are in the top six in the JD Cymru North following a 3-1 away win at Gresford Athletic. Craig Williams gave The Bluebirds an early lead but Toby Gallagher-Keenan levelled for the hosts. Harry Cottam put Caersws ahead for a second time and Haci Ozlu missed a pealty for Gresford on the stroke of half-time with Sam Phillips sealing victory with the only goal of the second half.

Llanidloes Town bowed out of the Welsh Blood Services Tier Two League Cup, beaten 3-1 at home by Llandudno.

Billy Nicholas, Harvey Bennett and Fabrizio Nurtah saw Llandudno 3-0 ahead before Nyasha Mwamuka pulled one back with his first goal for The Daffs.

Guilsfield are also out after a 2-1 defeat a home to Mold Alexandra whose Jake Robets (pen) and Daniel Warren put them two up before Jamie Hyne hit back.

In the one game in the JD Cymru Premier, goals from Matthew Hill and Udoyen Akpan earned Colwyn Bay a 2-1 win over Penybont to move them out of the bottom two.