Knighton Town saw their dreams of Emrys Morgan Cup glory came to an end on Saturday afternoon when they were beaten 2-1 by Bargod Rangers in the fifth round of the competition at Bryn-y-Castell.

The Radnor Robins had overcome MMP Central Wales League (South) leaders Penparcau in their previous outing but were unable to match those same heights against opponents, who had the long cross-country journey from the Teifi valley.

It was the visitors that opened the scoring when Matthew Evans ran on to a ninth minute pass from Tomos Edwards before composing himself to lift the ball over the advancing Nicky Cadwallader in the home goal.

The Radnor Robins were back on level terms soon after when when defender Rhys Licence forced the ball over the line at the second attempt after seeing his initial header blocked from a Dan Farmer corner.

After the break, the second-half pressure on the home goal finally paid dividends in the 66th minute when Dan Evans drove into the penalty area and saw his curling effort come back off the crossbar but Rhydian Davies was on hand to turn home the rebound from close range to put the Parc Puw outfit ahead.

The closest Knighton Town came to producing an equaliser was when Callum Stead hit the near post from a half-volley on the edge of the penalty area after an 87th-minute corner was partially cleared.

The east Radnorshire men were unable to find a way past the well-organised opposition despite Dan Evans being shown a second yellow card in 89th minute by referee Ryan Davies.

Joining Bargod in the last four are Bow Street Reserves and Waterloo Rovers while Tywyn Bryncrug and Montgomery Town contest the remaining tie this weekend.

Goals from Tom Ellis (2) and Owain Richards earned Waterloo Rovers a 3-1 win over Crannog while Bow Street caused one of the shocks of the season beating the much fancied Kerry on penalties.

A Daryl McWatt own goal gave Bow Street an interval lead and Steff Davies added their second goal on 80 minutes. But that stung Kerry into action and Richard Davies and Barry Bellis tied the scores to force a shoot-out, which Bow Street won 6-5.

Bow Street will now meet Waterloo Rovers while Bargod Rangers take on Tywyn Bryncrug or Montgomery Town.