Radnor Valley closed the gap to nine points on Penrhyncoch at the top of the Ardal League North East with a hard fought victory over Llansantffraid Village. The Goats were without suspended midfielders, Ieuan Price and Elliot Morris while topscorer, Joey Price was injured and with both goalkeeper’s, Otto Jones and Will Fowden also injured, manager, Adam Jones donned the ‘keeper’s jersey.

Jack Clarke made his debut and was an instant hit opening the scoring inside the first minute when he beat a defender and slotted home after being fed by Charlie Beaumont. Radnor doubled their lead three minutes later when Thomas Edwards was credited with a second when a clearance rebounded off him into the visitors’ goal. With the strong wind in their favour, Radnor were dominating. Liam Pickstock fired straight at Jones for Llansantffraid but Radnor increased their lead just before half-time when Callum Matthews squeezed his effort inside the near post following a mazy run. 

With the elements against them after the break, Radnor knew there was still plenty to do and Llansantffraid reduced the deficit at the start of the second half through Alfie Herd following a George Durrell corner.  And when Herd struck again in the next minute following a neat one two with Chris Aitken, Radnor supporters were fearing a long afternoon.

But Llansantffraid were unable to build on that momentum and Matthews had a chance on the break for the home side. Radnor would have liked a fourth goal to calm any nerves. Llansantffraid created very little after their two goal salvo and Radnor comfortably saw it out with the visitors reduced to ten when Jack Orbell was sent off for a needless late challenge on Henry Shipley – his second yellow card.

Adam Farmer scored twice from the penalty spot to rescue a point for Builth Wells in their 2-2 draw at bottom of the table Welshpool Town in the Ardal League North East on Friday night. The Bulls would have been targeting  three points but were behind after just four minutes with Welshpool topscorer, Ethan Kinsey converting a penalty following a trip by Alex Hicks.

Builth equalised with a penalty of their own with Farmer making no mistake when Danny Hall was brought down. The Bulls then enjoyed a good spell with Aeron Powell and Rudi Griffiths missing chances while Griffiths saw a header saved by ‘keeper, Pierce McPartlin on the stroke of half-time. Ricky Litchfield put a much improved Welshpool back in front with a well worked goal in the second half and they might have grabbed a third as they eyed their first league win of the season. But Builth hit back and Farmer levelled things up with the night’s third spot-kick after Danny Ives had been tripped in the box. From then Builth laid siege on the Welshpool goal with Hall hitting the inside of the post while Griffiths and Tommy Rowlands were denied by an inspired McPartlin.

While Penrhyn were on Cup duty, Bow Street and Llanuwchllyn, like Radnor Valley, took the opportunity to close the gap on the leaders in the Ardal League North East. Bow Street beat Rhos Aelwyd 2-0 at home with a goal in each half from Ifan Burrell and Ben Davies while Llanuwchllyn triumphed 3-1 at Penycae. Meilir Williams netted twice and Garman Hafal was also on target with Callum Smith replying with a penalty for the hosts. 

Earlier in the week goals from Wayne Aykroyd-Duckett and Meilir Wiliams had seen Llanuwchllyn win 2-0 at Llansantffraid Village who had new signing Stuart Dickin sent off.

Llanrhaeadr picked up a point in their bid to avoid relegation in a goalless draw at Cefn Albion where they had manager, Michael Barton sent off but they still have a lot to do to avoid the drop.



Brecon Corries moved up to fourth in the Ardal League South East with a high scoring victory over Lliswerry at The Rich Field. The in-form Corries extended their recent unbeaten run to seven to avenge a 6-0 defeat at Lliswerry back in November with manager, Damien Daniels saying: “We were dominant but made it hard for ourselves on times.”

There was a flurry of early goals with Joel Evans opening the scoring when brother, Craig played the ball across the box. Joe Cooper added a second before Dale Cooke reduced the arrears when he lifted the ball over ‘keeper, Declan Gaydon. Dale Evans regained Corries’ two goal advantage with a trademark 25 yard free-kick into the top corner but sloppy defending allowed Ethan Pidcock to grab a second for Lliswerry to keep them in the game just before half-time. 

But two goals in the first ten minutes of the second half all but sealed Corries’ win. Craig Evans, ever present this season, netted their fourth and Paul Keddle headed number five.  Shay Lonergan pulled one back for Lliswerry three minutes from time but it was too little too late as Corries were left to celebrate a sixth win from their last seven outings.

Hay St Marys saw their miserable campaign continue as they crashed to a 10-0 defeat at Undy. Bradley Hanbury put the hosts ahead and James Barnes added a second from the penalty spot after Hay’s Dan Cornish was sent off on 12 minutes. Daniel Jarman then netted twice before half-time and it was too much for The ten man Saints as Undy scored another six in the second half. Jarman completed his hat-trick, Gareth Cullimore also netted a treble and James Gidney and Giancarlo Gabbiadini completed the rout.


Rhayader Town picked up three points in the MMP Central Wales League (South) with a narrow 3-2 verdict over Radnorshire rivals, Presteigne St Andrews on Friday night.

Cian Price had put Rhayader ahead but Gareth Bull drew Presteigne level. Kai Evans restored Rhayader’s advantage a minutes before half-time and Warren McFadden extended the lead just after the hour mark. But Presteigne hit back with Andrew White reducing the deficit before their hopes faded when Jack Davies picked up a second yellow card with three minutes remaining. 

There were defeats for Knighton Town and Penybont United with Knighton falling to a 5-0 loss at Machynlleth. Callum Page and Dillon Browne put Mach two up and player-manager, Page grabbed his second in first half stoppage time. There was no way back for The Radnor Robins and Browne netted his second before the in-form Johan Auf Den Kamp completed the nap hand.

Penybont went down 5-1 at Llanilar whose Ioan Jones opened the scoring four minutes before half-time. Owain Rowlands equalised early in the second half but that was as good as it got for Penybont as Harvey Matthews (2), Ryan Edwards and Ryan Hopkins (pen) saw Llanilar comfortable winners.

Elsewhere Penparcau are closing in on the title after a 3-1 victory at Tregaron. Dylan Davies gave Tregaron the lead just before half-time but three goals in ten minutes early in the second half from Aaron Davies-Thomas, Mattie Davies and Anthony Evans won it for Penparcau who need just three points from their remaining three games to guarantee themselves top spot.


Kerry continued their march towards the MMP Central Wales League (North) title with a 5-0 home success agains Trewern United. All the goals came in the first half through Richard Davies (2), Fin Bellamore (2) and Glynn Coney.

Montgomery Town remain second after Harry Evans, Lee Jones, Jack Williams and Tom Evans contributed to their 4-1 victory over Tywyn Bryncrug.

Forden kept up their challenge with a 6-0 romp against Meifod with first half goals from Jake O’Donnell (2), Ryan Jenkins (2), Alistair Williams and Harvey Gill.

Berriew won 4-0 at Carno thanks to George Davies (2), Dewi Hughes and Dylan Tilsley while Greg Pryce snatched a late winner as Abermule edged a 3-2 win over Bishops Castle.

Waterloo Rovers warmed up for Friday’s Emrys Morgan Cup Final with Owain Richards and Luke Evans netting in a 2-1 win at Four Crosses whose Will Howard pulled one back. 


Presteigne St Andrews Reserves suffered a 4-1 defeat at Llangedwyn who as a result go ten points clear at the top of the league. The game was over by half-time with the league leaders 4-0 ahead through Richard Evans (2), Barry Morris and Dave Lewis-Jones. Presteigne saw Corey Blithyn-Williams sent off before Niall Rhodes gained their consolation.