Builth Wells are through to the semi-finals of the Ardal Northern League Cup after a comfortable 4-0 victory at Dolgellau.

While all games in the Ardal League North East were postponed on Saturday, The Bulls beat the weather to make a timely return to winning ways with goals from Ollie Woods (2), Kejan Foryszewski and Tommy Rowlands.

Woods put Builth in front on a difficult pitch with a 20 yard strike and the former Newbridge man headed his second from a Lyndon Jones cross following a move involving Foryszewski and Danny Ives. And Builth had one foot in the semi-final before half-time when Foryszewski grabbed his first goal for the club when he headed in from a cross by Tommy Rowlands who also hit the bar with The Bulls dominant.

Dolgellau’s slim hopes of getting back in the tie faded when half-time substitute, Dominic Thomas was handed a straight red card for violent conduct just seven minutes after the restart. Rowlands then sealed Builth’s win after a great run and cross from Jamie Evans after which the tie petered out.  

Builth’s reward for Saturday’s win is an away tie at Denbigh Town in the semi-final when many though it would be played on a neutral ground. In the other tie, Bow Street will face either Saltney Town or Llangefni Town whose quarter-final was postponed at the weekend. 


Brecon Corries saw their winless run extend to seven as they were on the wrong end of a seven goal thriller at Newport City. Corries twice came from behind to lead before going down 4-3 and remain tenth in the Ardal League South East table.

For the seventh game in a row, Corries found themselves trailing when George Jenkins made the break through for Newport. Influential captain, Dale Evans  equalised on 35 minutes but Ethan Wynne restored the home side’s advantage two minutes later. Corries made a strong start to the second half with Andrew Hammett and Joel Evans taking them ahead for the first time. Rhyse Hudson levelled the scores but worse was to follow for the Brecon side as Martyn Mickiewicz snatched Newport’s winner with nine minutes to play.  

Brecon Corries host Croesyceiliog on Saturday in the first of two Ardal League South East games against the Cwmbran outfit in the space of seven days. Sandwiched between those Croesyceiliog games is a trip to Tredegar Town next Tuesday night making it  a busy week for Damien Daniels and his side.  


While Penybont United were celebrating their first win of the season in the MMP Central Wales League (South), the day’s other game to go ahead saw Machynlleth triumph 3-2 at mid table rivals, Tregaron. Callum Page fired Mach ahead from the penalty spot after being pulled down but Gethin Jones and Marc Evans had Tregaron in front by half-time. Dillon Browne levelled the scores from Luke Holt’s cross before Page won it with a terrific strike for Machynlleth.

In the one game played in the MMP Central Wales League (North), Barmouth took the opportunity to go top of the table with a 2-1 home verdict over Forden. Paul Lewis, the league’s leading goalscorer, struck twice for Barmouth with Henry O’Donnell netting for Forden who had Darryl Jones sent off in the second half.

Penparcau’s Mikey Gornall has been named Manager of the Month in the MMP Central Wales League (South) for January/February. The Player of the Month award goes to Aberystwyth University’s Sam Bithell.

In the MMP Central Wales League (North), the Mangers of the Month are Marc Griffiths and Dan Graham of Llansantffraid Village while Meifod’s Andrew Hughes is Player of the Month.


Darren Murphy was the star of The Broadway last Tuesday night with the only goal as Llandrindod booked their place in the Aspidistra Radnorshire Cup Final with a 1-0 extra-time victory over Hay St Marys.

Hay would have fancied their chances as Llandrindod were without several key players while The Saints themselves were boosted by the return of Matt Venables and Jake Cleeves although they had Rob Sneddon and Callum Maddy suspended.

Hay felt they had the better of the tie over the two hours but Llandrindod dug deep with substitute, Murphy settling matters with the all important goal eight minutes into extra-time while The Saints had substitute, Craig Jones sent off for collecting two yellow cards just minutes later. The fact there was just one goal is down to keepers Tom Lewis of Hay and Llandrindod’s Mark Truelove who both produced a string of fine saves.

Llandrindod will now meet Radnor Valley in Easter Sunday’s Final.


Builth Wells are due to visit Welshpool Town in the FAW National Reserve League Central tonight (Wednesday) weather permitting. The Bulls have six league games remaining and have to win them all if they are to pip Llanidloes Town for runners-up spot with Bow Street almost certain to end the season as Champions.

But when will they play their remaining fixtures? Builth were scheduled to host Llanfair United last Friday night but that was never going to happen with the league seemingly unaware, not for the first time this season, there are no floodlights on The Lant Field. Builth are then due to play home games against Bow Street and Caersws on the next two Saturdays but their first team are at home in the Ardal League so they too will have to be rearranged.


Welshpool Town joined Llanidloes Town in the semi-finals of the Central Wales up with a 2-0 victory over Bow Street last Tuesday night. A goal in each half from Josh Lenc and Ryan Knott won it for Welshpool as Bow Street’s nine match unbeaten run came to an end.

Guilsfield will meet Abermule in the quarter-final after Callum Bromley, Ben Guest and Jake Cook earned them a 3-0 3rd Round win at Llansantffraid Village.

The other quarter final sees Caersws take on Newtown AFC Development team.

Both Emrys Morgan Cup semi-finals take place this week with Barmouth and Tywyn Bryncrug meeting at Machynlleth tonight (Wednesday) while Montgomery Town and Tregaron were scheduled to clash last night (Tuesday) at Llanidloes.

Unfortunately there is no local representation this season after Brecon Corries, Radnor Valley and Hay St Marys all reached the semi-final stage 12 months ago.