Radnor Valley were able to celebrate their first away victory in Lock Stock Ardal North East following a 3-1 success over Llangollen Town on Saturday afternoon at Tower Field.

The visiting Goats, who made the long journey north without coach Adam Jones and several key players, had an early sight of goal in the opening minute when Charlie Beaumont was picked out in space of the left edge of the penalty area but fired his shot straight at Llangollen Town custodian Ben Lloyd.

The hosts gradually found their feet and posed a threat when they went forward and had the ball in the net after 14 minutes but Ben Wilson saw his 25 yard effort ruled out by an offside flag.

Radnor Valley went down the other end of the pitch, within a minute of picking the ball out off their own net, with Jack Williams' close-range effort kept out by Lloyd following an inviting cross from Taylor Wozencraft on the left side of the penalty area.

The Denbighshire outfit responded immediately, less than 60 seconds later, when James Samuels fired narrowly over the crossbar from 25 yards.

Llangollen Town were starting to make their mark on proceedings as they broke swiftly from their own half in the 19th minute before Kristian Jones fired narrowly wide from the edge of the penalty area.

That was to prove to be a warning sign for Goats as they went behind in the 20th minute after Jake Hayward raced through into the penalty area, having been set free by Samuels, before composing himself to fire into the far corner of Otto Jones' goal.

The hosts appeared to be in the driving seat and were looking to force home their advantage as Hayward fired narrowly wide of the target from a 25 yard drive on the half-hour mark.

Radnor Valley had the ball in the back of the net three minutes later but Wozencraft's strike from a Beaumont through ball was ruled out by an offside flag.

Callum Matthews saw his first-time effort from a 36th minute corner fly narrowly wide of the near post before the Goats found themselves on level terms three minutes later.

The visitors took advantage of an error in the Llangollen Town defence that allowed Wozencraft to stroke the ball past Lloyd after being set free on goal by Williams.

The Radnorshire men would have been relieved to have reached the interval on level terms and could count themselves fortunate not to have been trailing if Llangollen Town had converted some of the opportunities they created.

The visitors came close to taking the lead three minutes after the interval when Williams went on a surging run into the penalty area before seeing his shot deflected behind for a corner.

The Denbighshire hosts responded when Wilson headed over the crossbar from a 50th minute cross on the right before Wozencraft was denied by a well-timed challenge four minutes later after being picked out by Beaumont's cross on the left.

Lloyd did well to save Rees Morris' far post header from Beaumont's inviting 58th minute cross before the pressure applied by the Goats eventually paid dividends three minutes later. 

Beaumont, who appeared to have acquired an injury during the match, was afforded the space to drive home a low 20 yard shot into the bottom corner of Lloyd's goal to put the Radnorshire men ahead (photos 10141 and 10145) Llangollen Town looked to respond immediately after the restart with Samuels seeing his 30 yard free-kick saved by Otto Jones before Wozencraft fizzed a low 25 yard drive narrowly wide of goal in the 63rd minute.

The Radnor Valley forward went close again, four minutes later, when his shot on the turn narrowly flew past the wrong side of the far post. The home team always posed a threat of their own as substitute Keiron Hughes saw his header saved from a 71st minute cross delivered from the right wing. 

The Goats handed themselves a much-needed buffer five minutes later when Wozencraft's low 25 year free-kick beat Lloyd after travelling through a ruck of players inside the penalty area.

The north Walians once again attempted to respond within a minute of the restart as Hayward was unable to keep his far post volley on target following a long throw into the penalty area.

The New Radnor men had opportunities to extend their lead, with Wozencraft going close with another 25 yard free-kick in the 80th minute, before Rees Morris was played through on goal less than 60 seconds later but was denied by Lloyd.

Meuryn Hughes headed over from a 90th minute corner for the visitors before Wozencraft drove into the Llangollen Town penalty area in stoppage time but pulled his ensuing shot wide of the far post.

However, the Goats had done enough by then to toast their inaugural league success on the road prior to making the long journey home.